https://matrixfaprd.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/matrix-logo.png 0 0 Adam https://matrixfaprd.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/matrix-logo.png Adam2013-05-02 12:01:102013-05-02 14:15:10During the Interview – Things To Expect
During the Interview – Things To Expect
Because each interviewer is different, there are many types of interviews. Some interviewers are skilled at interviewing; others are not. Some are talkative; others let you do most of the talking. Most interviews, however, will range from open-ended, in which the interviewer asks questions and lets you do most of the talking, to the highly structured, in which the interviewer asks many specific questions following a planned format. Many interviews will fall between these extremes; you should be prepared for any style.
You will have approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to convince the interviewers that you are the best person for the position. It is important to make sure you use this time effectively.
- It’s vital that both parties exchange information, so keep the balance of the conversation flow 50/50.
- Give concise but thorough responses to questions and never take longer than 2 minutes to finish answering.
- Plan answers for the following points and try to introduce them into the conversation:
- your skills and experience relevant to the position.
- your career achievements.
- why the position is a good fit with your career objectives.
- Avoid asking about salary or benefits in early interviews.
- Always speak positively about previous employers, jobs, colleagues and customers.